SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON) — A multi-car collision on the Bay Bridge shut down lanes on eastbound I-80 Sunday evening.
The crash was reported at the east end of the Treasure Island tunnel, the CHP reports.
CHP San Francisco later confirmed one person, who was a passenger on a motorcycle, died at the scene.
Video obtained by KRON4 shows bikers driving in between traffic in the wrong direction.
Due to a “major injury investigation”, lanes number 1 and 2 were blocked. Lanes 3, 4 and 5 remain open.
The Oakland and San Francisco fire departments were on scene with the CHP.
This story will be updated.
- High wire motorcycles: Nik Wallenda’s Daredevil Rally drive-in show returning to Sarasota
- BIKER DAD: Emotional homecoming for rider who spent 5 months in the hospital after fiery crash
- Motorcycle DUI charge dropped against “The Boss”
- BIKER DAD: Bikers raise more than $1,000 for Miracle League
- UPDATE: One dead after motorcycle accident in Crestview