MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — A motorcyclist was killed after striking the side of an SUV at the intersection of Moffett Road and Shelton Beach Road Extension Saturday afternoon.
Mobile Police say the motorcycle struck the side of the SUV, and the motorcyclist was killed on impact. Police say in their preliminary investigation, they discovered the motorcyclist was driving at a high rate of speed. Police say the motorcycle was traveling westbound on Moffett, as the SUV was traveling eastbound on Moffett, making a left turn onto Shelton Beach Ext. Police say the motorcycle tried to brake and slid into the SUV. The motorcycle hit the side of the SUV, the driver of the motorcyclist was killed on impact.
Police have identified the motorcyclist as 41-year-old Randall Karns of Semmes.
- Shooting near Knollwood Apartments
- Mobile Police investigate shooting on Michael Boulevard
- E. coli outbreak linked to Fresh Express chopped salad kits, health officials warn
- Alabama’s fallen heroes recognized through Wreaths Across America
- Trump administration looks to fund school choice for students federally