LOXELY, Ala. (WKRG) — UPDATE (3:34 p.m.): Alabama state troopers released the following statement on the deadly motorcycle crash that happened in Loxley yesterday.
On Sunday, May 3, 2020 at approximately 4:45 pm, a two-vehicle crash occurred on Alabama 59 in Loxley, Alabama that claimed the life of one and injured another. A 2001 Hyundai Santa Fe driven by Marcella Veasy, 51 years old from Robertsdale, Alabama collided head-on with a 2006 Harley Davidson, driven by James Douglas Turner, 59 years old from Theodore, Alabama. The collision resulted in the death of Mr. Turner and serious injury to his juvenile passenger. No further information is available as Alabama State Troopers continue to investigate the cause of the crash.
A motorcyclist is dead after he was struck by an SUV on Highway 59 near County Road 55.
A passenger was on the motorcycle as well. Their condition is unknown.
Baldwin County Sheriff’s Office is assisting with traffic. ALEA has a couple of troopers on scene, and Loxley Police say they will most likely be handing this over to ALEA for investigation.
News 5 is working to get more details.
As WKRG.com’s Biker Dad Blog reports, it’s motorcycle safety awareness month. But it’s already been a deadly riding season across the Gulf Coast.
- Beware of COVID-19 scams as vaccine approaches FDA approval
- Traveling nurse diagnosed with both COVID-19 and cancer while helping with coronavirus efforts
- WATCH: ‘Porch pirate’ caught on video dressed as Amazon employee
- McRib returns this week: McDonald’s fan-fave back for 1st time in 8 years
- LIVE: Supreme Court weighs Trump bid in census case