DEKALB COUNTY, Ind. (WANE) – Two dogs ran in front of a motorcycle Wednesday afternoon causing a crash and injuries to the motorcycle driver.
At approximately 1:05 p.m., officers with the DeKalb County Sheriff’s Department were dispatched to the 600 block of S.R. 327 for a motorcycle crash. Responding officers report that Keith Reinig, 65, of LaGrange, was driving a Kawasaki motorcycle southbound when two dogs ran into the roadway and were hit by the motorcycle.
- Motorcyclist looking for driver who hit him on US-98 in Daphne and drove off
- 12-year-old motorcycle crash survivor makes miraculous recovery
- WKRG News 5 wins two regional Edward R. Murrow Awards
- 2nd annual Unity Ride bringing bikers, law enforcement together
- Wyoming jury awards $2M to widow, daughter for biker crash
In an attempt to slow down, Reinig hit the brakes causing a skid and fell off the motorcycle, the press release said.
Officers report that Reinig was transported to an area hospital for leg, ribs and elbow injuries. Both dogs had minor injures and did not need to be treated.
The owner of the two dogs was found and cited for not containing the animals on the property, the press release said.