UPDATE (11:53 AM) —ALEA Troopers say 66-year-old Terry Odell Robinson of Bay Minette was traveling south on U.S. 31 near Reed Lane on a 2011 Harley Davidson motorcycle when he was struck from behind by a 2012 Chevy Colorado.
According to ALEA, the driver of the Chevy Colorado was identified as Robert G. Day, of Bay Minette. Robinson was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash.
There is nothing further at this time.
Bay Minette police say they are investigating a crash on Highway 59 involving a motorcycle and a truck. Viewers tell WKRG News 5’s Biker Dad Blog that traffic is backed up on the southbound side. WKRG News 5’s Brianna Hollis is on her way to the scene of this developing and will keep you posted.
Please be careful out there, and follow me on social media:
Chris Best is the News Director for WKRG. He’s a husband and father of four. He’s also a motorcycle enthusiast.
- Smash Mouth facing backlash over packed concert at Sturgis rally
- Business booming during Sturgis motorcycle rally
- Motorcyclist killed in Iowa crash with stolen car
- 80th Sturgis Motorcycle Rally sees 160,000 vehicles enter town
- No longer able to ride herself, Alabama nursing home resident gets her wish to hang out with more than a 100 bikers