Richmond, Va. (WTVR) –The Veterans of Foreign Wars motorcycle group held a benefit Saturday to raise money for one of their members diagnosed with terminal metastatic cancer.
The VFW Post 367 group held a motorcycle contest, sold raffle tickets and food to raise money for Bobby Jo.
- 12-year-old motorcycle crash survivor makes miraculous recovery
- WKRG News 5 wins two regional Edward R. Murrow Awards
- 2nd annual Unity Ride bringing bikers, law enforcement together
- Wyoming jury awards $2M to widow, daughter for biker crash
- Car enthusiasts travel to causeway for big event this weekend
“Metastatic cancer is not curable. It’s prolongable and the goal treatments prolong your life,” Jo said. “So obviously this benefit is for me, my children are behind me and we’re extremely grateful for the whole community it came out to support me.”
Event proceeds will create a scholarship in Jo’s name for members of the group.
Members of the veterans group said they plan to hold the event annually.