MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) – Police aren’t yet identifying a man shot Sunday night in Mobile. But friends and family say Jermayne Doolittle died three days after being shot. Doolittle is the founder of a popular Gulf Coast motorcycle Facebook group called “Bike Life South” and condolences were posted on the page Wednesday night.
According to family, Doolittle was a father. Police tell News 5 it happened Sunday about 9:18 p.m. They say an argument between two men ended in gunfire. Police arrived to find the victim lying on the ground. They confirm the victim died Wednesday night. “Homicide has not provided any new information yet in the case. They are actively working the investigation now. Once they do, I will send an update,” public information officer Charlette Solis wrote in an email to WKRG News 5.
Please be careful out there, and follow me on social media:
Chris Best is the News Director for WKRG. He’s a husband and father of four. He’s also a motorcycle enthusiast.
LATEST BIKER DAD STORIES
- ‘Rally Off Exit 86’ motorcycle event kicks off without ‘Bikes, Blues, & BBQ’
- Florida panhandle man killed in motorcycle crash
- Popular Smoky Mountain motorcycle route vandalized
- Off-duty Alabama police officer injured in motorcycle accident identified as 15-year vet
- Annual “Call to Duty” ride honors fallen Dayton Detective Jorge DelRio