TEMPE, Ariz. (WKRG) — Police in Arizona say their motorcycle officers were nearly hit by a drone flying low over the street. Tempe Police posted the video on Twitter saying, “although, flying drones can be fun and exciting, they can also be hazardous to the community.” If you blink you might just miss the droze zip past the officer on the right hand side of the screen as the cop and his motor partner ride down an unidentified street in Tempe. The department also included a link to drone operating laws in the state which say in part that operating a drone is illegal if it “interferes with a law enforcement, firefighter or emergency services operation. “
Police also didn’t say when this happened, but a time stamp on the video indicates January 15th.
Please be careful out there, and follow me on social media:
Chris Best is the News Director for WKRG. He’s a husband and father of four. He’s also a motorcycle enthusiast.
- Woman believes cold case suspect abducted her in 1989
- 2 people arrested and charged in connection with the disappearance of 15-month-old from Tennessee
- Huntsville-area parents indicted in starvation death of 3-year-old boy
- ALGO: Vehicle fire on I-65 near Airport Blvd.
- Case of missing children tied to doomsday beliefs, 3 deaths