MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — The threat over coronavirus did not put a damper on the unofficial kick-off of riding season on the Gulf Coast. Mobile Bay Harley Davidson was packed Saturday for the Harley Owners Group Season Opener Party. And I’m told there was quite a crowd over at Harley Davidson of Pensacola Saturday too.
With a lot of other events canceled, it was an easy decision for bikers to make. They got a little wind therapy to escape the bad news that’s been breaking constantly for the past week or so. Also, riding a motorcycle is a pretty good way to avoid contamination. Many times a rider’s face is already covered with a helmet, their hands with gloves. And, unless they have a passenger, a rider will have a safe distance from those around him or her.
Please be careful out there, and follow me on social media:
Chris Best is the News Director for WKRG. He’s a husband and father of four. He’s also a motorcycle enthusiast.
LATEST BIKER DAD STORIES:
- Mom out hundreds of dollars from eBay motorcycle scam
- BIKER DAD: Actor who played Mad Max biker gang leader “Toecutter” dies at 73
- Black bikers suing Myrtle Beach for discrimination
- VIDEO: Santas on jet skis spread Christmas cheer down under
- BIKER DAD: Burglars hit Northwest Florida motorcycle shop, stealing motorcycle and electric bike