DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (WKRG/BIKER DAD)–You may see a lot of motorcycles headed eastbound on I-10 this weekend. Hundreds of thousands of them are roaring into Florida.
It’s because Daytona Bike Week is back after coronavirus concerns. Bike week officially kicks off Friday and runs until March 14th. The streets will be full of bikes and bikers, one of the biggest rallies in the U.S. every year. With bikers itching to get on the road it promises to draw a huge crowd.
They are taking precautions, limiting the number of people who can go inside a business and requiring masks inside.
But on the streets, the bikers will party mask-free. The city debated whether to give a permit to the event, but it was made clear that the bikers were coming whether they wanted them to or not.
- BIKER DAD VIDEO: A biker pulled over for an illegal exhaust, what happened next no one would have expected
- Search continues, but no signs of missing biker near site of Bayway crash
- Search efforts scaled back for motorcyclist in Mobile Bay
- 4 people seriously hurt after crash involving several motorcycles on I-264 in Virginia Beach
- 29-year-old Alabama biker dies after hitting tree
Some exciting news about two of my favorite things, motorcycles and coffee. Dunkin’ has opened its first-ever “ride-thru” lane for bikers only. That includes motorcycles, mopeds, scooters, and even bicycles..so you can avoid the cars and ride on in. The problem is this one is in the Philippines — but!!! You can urge them to bring one to your town. You can find a link in this story.
One more thing the Make-a-Wish Dice Run is tomorrow in Pensacola. All the info is on this flier:
Please be careful out there, and follow me on social media:
Chris Best is the News Director for WKRG. He’s a husband and father of four. He’s also a motorcycle enthusiast.