BRIDGE CITY, La. (WDSU/CNN/BIKER DAD/WKRG) — Riding a motorcycle these days is already dangerous. We put our lives in jeopardy every time we throw a leg over the seat and hit the starter. But it was not a distracted driver or debris in the road that led to the death of a biker outside New Orleans Friday. Now deputies have a motorcycle murder mystery on their hands.
It played out on a highway in the Jefferson Parish town of Bridge City. Deputies got the call around 3 in the afternoon, a shooting call. When they got to the scene on the Westbank Expressway they found a man dead, shot several times.
Police haven’t released the identity of the murdered biker and they don’t know who killed him. So they are asking for your help.
Anyone with information can contact the JPSO at 504-364-5300 or Crimestoppers at 822-1111.
Please be careful out there, and follow me on social media:
Chris Best is the News Director for WKRG. He’s a husband and father of four. He’s also a motorcycle enthusiast.
- CORONAVIRUS ‘Huge, foolish mistake’: Sturgis residents split over giant bike rally as coronavirus cases rise
- VIDEO: Truck drives through protesters, mows down motorcycle
- VIDEO: Huge turnout honors members of Thin Blue Line bikers killed in Texas tragedy
- VIDEO: People are flocking to Sturgis from all over for massive motorcycle rally
- Pre-Sturgis party set for Thursday