In a Facebook post, the Ocean County New Jersey prosecutor says members of the MC got in a fight inside the Lakeside Diner in Lacy Township Wednesday night. The restaurant owner told them to take it outside. That’s when, prosecutors say, 54-year-old Edward Chandler punched the 78-year-old man in the head.,
Robert Clarke, the 78-year-old, fell and hit his head on the parking lot and was airlifted to a hospital, where he later died. According to a press release, “Chandler struck Mr. Clarke with a closed fist, causing the victim to fall to the ground resulting in severe head trauma. Chandler was taken into custody and transported to the Ocean County Jail where he is currently lodged pending a detention hearing.”
Chandler hasn’t been charged with Clarke’s death yet, but more charges are likely, “this is an active and ongoing investigation. We are continuing to interview potential witnesses, and are awaiting the results of Mr. Clarke’s post-mortem examination by the Ocean County Medical Examiner. I fully expect that additional charges will be forthcoming,” Prosecutor Bradley Billhimer stated.
Please be careful out there, and follow me on social media:
Chris Best is the News Director for WKRG. He’s a husband and father of four. He’s also a motorcycle enthusiast.
- VIDEO: Motorcycle dragged under tanker bursts into flames
- Beloved student-athlete in killed in Florida motorcycle crash, driver facing DUI manslaughter charge
- Florida troopers respond to motorcycle crash in Pensacola
- Bikers gather to honor memory of Sergeant Kevin Kight
- Family holds vigil for 12-year-old killed in motorcycle collision