GRAND CANYON, Ariz. (WKRG/BIKER DAD)– The search for a missing Kentucky man ended with his body and his motorcycle found in the Grand Canyon. The National Park Service found the man’s body and his bike Wednesday after searching for him for days.
Park Rangers say John Pennington, 40, of Walton, Kentucky was found 465 feet below the canyon’s rim.
- BIKER DAD VIDEO: A biker pulled over for an illegal exhaust, what happened next no one would have expected
- Search continues, but no signs of missing biker near site of Bayway crash
- Search efforts scaled back for motorcyclist in Mobile Bay
- 4 people seriously hurt after crash involving several motorcycles on I-264 in Virginia Beach
- 29-year-old Alabama biker dies after hitting tree
An NPS press release says in-part, “Pennington was believed to have entered Grand Canyon on or around February 23, 2021 and abandoned his personal vehicle. An investigation into the incident is being conducted by the National Park Service and the Coconino County Medical Examiner. ”
Please be careful out there, and follow me on social media:
Chris Best is the News Director for WKRG. He’s a husband and father of four. He’s also a motorcycle enthusiast.