MOUNT VERNON, Al. (WKRG/BIKER DAD)— Friends and family of Cory Heathcock are asking for prayers after he was injured in a motorcycle crash. According to Facebook posts, he was the rider hit by a car in front of the Dollar General in Mount Vernon Saturday.
- Bikers for Christ blesses motorcyclists
- Biker cop masks up as Captain American to encourage kids to stay safe
- BIKER DAD REPORT: Alabama bills impact bikers; the ‘Dukes of Daytona’ strike again with another wild jump at a draw bridge
- Sleep in Heavenly Peace, Harley dealer works to make sure no child sleeps on the floor
- BIKER DAD: Dukes of Daytona, for second time vehicle caught on camera jumping Florida draw bridge
The Mobile County Sheriff’s Office says a person was airlifted to a local hospital after a crash on Highway 43 at Sam Jones Road, in front of Dollar General.
The crash happened at about 8:30 p.m. Saturday.
Mount Vernon Dollar General Manager Dena Smith told WKRG News 5 a young girl left the store and crossed Highway 43 to go south when she pulled in front of a motorcycle. Smith said she assisted with helping the man shortly after the crash. She described the motorcycle as “totally crunched” and said the biker was wearing a helmet.
The family posted on Facebook that Heathcock’s injuries were serious enough that he is facing surgery as well as a long road to recovery. They are asking for continued prayers.
No word yet in charges.
Please be careful out there, and follow me on social media:
Chris Best is the News Director for WKRG. He’s a husband and father of four. He’s also a motorcycle enthusiast.