ROBERTSDALE, Ala. (WKRG/BIKER DAD) — Bikers hit the road in Baldwin County this past weekend to raise money and awareness for a great cause, the Miracle League of Coastal Alabama. Miracle League is raising money to build a special needs sports park in Baldwin County. According to the organization’s website they plan to, “build a park with a baseball field and playground facility designed to eliminate the barriers that prevent our disabled residents and guests from playing side by side with family and friends. A park that accommodates wheelchairs, walkers, and other assistive devices while helping to prevent injuries. A park that provides an atmosphere where everyone intermingles whether disabled or not.”
- BIKER DAD VIDEO: A biker pulled over for an illegal exhaust, what happened next no one would have expected
- Search continues, but no signs of missing biker near site of Bayway crash
- Search efforts scaled back for motorcyclist in Mobile Bay
- 4 people seriously hurt after crash involving several motorcycles on I-264 in Virginia Beach
- 29-year-old Alabama biker dies after hitting tree
According to the website, they’ve raised over $300 thousand, but need a million. The Gulf Shores Chapter of Iron Order Motorcycle Club got them a little closer to that goal with their annual poker run on Saturday, raising $1,050.
If this is a cause you’d like to help out with, you can still make a donation. Click here for information on how to do that.
Please be careful out there, and follow me on social media:
Chris Best is the News Director for WKRG. He’s a husband and father of four. He’s also a motorcycle enthusiast.