ESCAMBIA COUNTY, Fla. (WKRG/BIKER DAD) — The Florida Highway Patrol says a biker from Cantonment is dead after the 19-year-old driver of an SUV made a left turn in front of him. It happened Sunday afternoon on County Road 97 in Escambia County, Fla.
- BIKER DAD VIDEO: A biker pulled over for an illegal exhaust, what happened next no one would have expected
- Search continues, but no signs of missing biker near site of Bayway crash
- Search efforts scaled back for motorcyclist in Mobile Bay
- 4 people seriously hurt after crash involving several motorcycles on I-264 in Virginia Beach
- 29-year-old Alabama biker dies after hitting tree
FHP says the motorcycle was going southbound on CR 97 and the SUV was going north when it made a left turn in front of the bike. The 74-year-old rider was airlifted to Sacred Heart Hospital where he died. The report says the biker was wearing a helmet when the crash happened.
The crash happened just one day after more than 100 bikers rallied in Northwest Florida urging drivers to look out for them during the Look Can You See Me Now Dice Run.