MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG/BIKER DAD) — Sunday’s weather was perfect for riding and just cool enough to enjoy a bowl of chili too. The annual Riders 4 Riders Chili Cook-Off at Boondocks Bar and Grill raises funds for the group Riders 4 Riders. R4R is dedicated to motorcycle safety awareness and supports bikers involved in crashes or who are dealing with other issues that cause financial problems.
- South Carolina fire department loses 2 first responders to motorcycle crashes in just days
- Plans are underway for 81st Sturgis motorcycle rally
- Panama City Beach man killed in motorcycle crash
- Warmer weather means more motorcycles on the road; DMV recommends drivers be on the lookout
- BIKER DAD: Florida Sheriff cracks down dangerous drivers during “charity rally”
I served as one of the judges as WKRG Biker Dad Blogger. I’m an active advocate for motorcycle safety.
Janet “Reno” Tudor won the chilly competition.
Steve Nelson won the cornbread contest.
Please be careful out there, and follow me on social media:
Chris Best is the News Director for WKRG. He’s a husband and father of four. He’s also a motorcycle enthusiast.