ST. CHARLES, MO (FOX 2)– Local law enforcement authorities are searching for a motorcyclist who was struck by a truck on the Discovery Bridge on I-370 crossing from St. Louis County into St. Charles County and thrown into the Missouri River. A spokesperson from the Missouri State Highway Patrol said they received a call about the crash around 12:30 a.m. Saturday morning for a person in the Missouri River yelling for help. Officers arriving on the scene learned that the truck driver who struck the motorcyclist had left the scene. He was later located and taken to the Troop C Headquarters for questioning.
Authorities are currently continuing their search for the person who fell into the river.
An investigation is ongoing.
MORE BIKER DAD STORIES
- Biker cop masks up as Captain American to encourage kids to stay safe
- BIKER DAD REPORT: Alabama bills impact bikers; the ‘Dukes of Daytona’ strike again with another wild jump at a draw bridge
- Sleep in Heavenly Peace, Harley dealer works to make sure no child sleeps on the floor
- BIKER DAD: Dukes of Daytona, for second time vehicle caught on camera jumping Florida draw bridge
- VIDEO: Thousands of bikers buck COVID restrictions for motorcycle Mass at monastery