Three motorcyclists were shot as they rode down a freeway in Carson early Sunday morning, according to California Highway Patrol.
Shots were fired around 1:50 a.m. near the interchange of the 110 and 405 freeways, CHP Officer Tony Polizzi said. Several hours later, at least two of the motorcycles were seen lying near the intersection of South Figueroa and 190th streets.
The motorcyclists were apparently able to exit the freeway and make it to the intersection about three miles away. Video of first responders arriving to the scene shows victims taken away on stretchers and placed into an ambulance.
They were transported for treatment in unknown condition, Polizzi said. No other details about their injuries or identities has been released.
It’s unclear what led to the shooting as no other information has been given by authorities.
- Home destroyed in Wednesday morning house fire near Mount Vernon
- Body found in Plateau Community in Mobile
- Dr. Anthony Fauci, essential workers among list of Time Person of the Year reader poll nominees
- 18-wheeler crash on I-65 in Saraland diverts traffic
- Record number of foster care adoptions in Alabama for 2020