DAPHNE, Ala. (WKRG) – Daphne Police received a surprise Tuesday from a resident. Dorothy Johnson tells News 5 she loves to give back to an organization each year, so she decided this year to knit 60 hats for the Daphne Police Department.
Johnson says it took her a month and a half to knit the hats, but she enjoyed every minute of it. She says she worked on the hats a little bit each night and was able to hand over her gifts this week.
The hats were given to patrol officers and other members of the Daphne Police Department.
- What lies ahead for the impeachment process against Trump?
- Report: Harrison County courthouse on lockdown after fatal deputy-involved shooting
- Mobile Porch Parade already at 100 houses participating, keeping the spirit of Mardi Gras alive
- Should Alabama have a lottery? Alabamians headed to the state line think so
- Chill night ahead, Dry weather through the weekend