MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — Friends are planning a vigil for a Fairhope man killed when the plane he was riding in crashed. Maddox Burts was a passenger on a plane when it crashed in Alaska Friday night.
Burts is from Fairhope, but was working for Medevac Alaska. Burts was one of three people killed in the crash. Investigators with the Federal Aviation Administration and the National Transportation Safety Board are investigating what caused the plane to go down.
Friends of Burts say they will hold a prayer vigil at 5:30 on Saturday evening in Bienville Square in downtown Mobile.
- Video allegedly shows Spanish Fort mayor slapping employee, attorney weighs in
- 13-year-old driving on grandmother’s lap says he tried to brake before hitting 5 people
- Texas father saves 4-year-old daughter from nearly 12-foot alligator
- Former First Lady Michelle Obama says she’s suffering from ‘low-grade depression’
- Alabama nursing homes lacking necessary PPE