MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — Friends are planning a vigil for a Fairhope man killed when the plane he was riding in crashed. Maddox Burts was a passenger on a plane when it crashed in Alaska Friday night.
Burts is from Fairhope, but was working for Medevac Alaska. Burts was one of three people killed in the crash. Investigators with the Federal Aviation Administration and the National Transportation Safety Board are investigating what caused the plane to go down.
Friends of Burts say they will hold a prayer vigil at 5:30 on Saturday evening in Bienville Square in downtown Mobile.
- Melissa Etheridge turns love for Chiefs into new song that you’ll want to rock to
- Police: Man steals woman’s cell phone, wallet after they fall from her pocket
- San Francisco 49ers to wear traditional road uniforms in Super Bowl LIV
- Woman sets herself on fire gassing up mini-motorcycle
- Father of Baldwin house party victim says justice will be served