MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — Friends are planning a vigil for a Fairhope man killed when the plane he was riding in crashed. Maddox Burts was a passenger on a plane when it crashed in Alaska Friday night.
Burts is from Fairhope, but was working for Medevac Alaska. Burts was one of three people killed in the crash. Investigators with the Federal Aviation Administration and the National Transportation Safety Board are investigating what caused the plane to go down.
Friends of Burts say they will hold a prayer vigil at 5:30 on Saturday evening in Bienville Square in downtown Mobile.
- Ole Miss considers moving confederate monument
- ECSO: School shooting threat circulating on social media
- Lost wedding ring makes its way across the country back to Alabama
- WATCH: Family says their brand new TV was damaged by careless FedEx delivery driver
- McDonald’s releases holiday clothing line, accessories