PRICHARD, Ala. (WKRG) — Prichard Councilman Lorenzo Martin confirmed that some city employees did not show up to work Friday after not being paid.
The number is uncertain at this time and he has not spoken to any of those employees.
The city says there was a delay in payroll approval. Mayor Jimmie Gardner says this was due to a software issue. The city confirms employees will be paid by 5 p.m. Friday.
Councilman Martin says this has been an ongoing problem for the last 3.5 years and was even worse last year.
- Louisville police officer files lawsuit against Breonna Taylor’s boyfriend
- Escambia County deputies need help in locating ‘missing endangered adult’
- Driver suspected of dragging, killing California bicyclist in 2017 is captured in Australia
- ALDOT to pickup Zeta storm debris starting Monday
- ALDOT: Six counties to undergo Hurricane Zeta debris removal