PRICHARD, Ala. (WKRG) — Prichard Councilman Lorenzo Martin confirmed that some city employees did not show up to work Friday after not being paid.
The number is uncertain at this time and he has not spoken to any of those employees.
The city says there was a delay in payroll approval. Mayor Jimmie Gardner says this was due to a software issue. The city confirms employees will be paid by 5 p.m. Friday.
Councilman Martin says this has been an ongoing problem for the last 3.5 years and was even worse last year.
- BIKER DAD: First biker turns himself in for Florida road rage attack caught on camera
- Widow of La. congressman-elect qualifies to run for the seat her husband won
- QB Guru Tom House explains Brees’ longevity in NFL
- BIKER DAD: Florida man accused of drunk motorcycle crash into cop car
- Now you can put Bernie Sanders anywhere, thanks to NYU student’s website