ROBERTSDALE, Ala. (WKRG) — The eight candidates vying to represent Lower Alabama in Washington D.C. were invited to a forum in Robertsdale Thursday evening.
Candidates for the U.S. House District 1, the seat currently held by Congressman Bradley Byrne – who is running for Senate – include Jerry Carl (R), John Castorani (R), Bill Hightower (R), Wes Lambert (R), Chris Pringle (R), James Averhart (D), Rick Collins (D), and Kiani A. Gardner (D).
They had time to have a meet-and-greet with constituents before taking the stage. When they did get the floor, they pulled three questions at random out of a hat, and had two minutes to answer each one. They then had two minutes to make closing remarks. Questions included inquiries about infrastructure, the coastal environment, and how they would help Baldwin County’s growing pains.
News 5 will be hosting a debate with the Democratic candidates Feb. 6.
- Al. Attorney General announces partnership with eBay to fight price-gouging
- Baja California state troops to get keep people indoors, prevent spread of COVID-19
- Coronavirus myths: Treatments
- Adopt or foster a dog, get free beer!
- Alabama State Veterans Home Employee Test Positive for COVID-19 Virus