GULF SHORES, Ala. (WRKG) —
UPDATE (5/5 12:00 pm) — First responders resumed their search for a reported missing swimmer, but found no signs. According to Gulf Shores Fire, they believe there was never a distressed swimmer. Gulf Shore Police say they never received a report of a missing person.
The initial report mentioned there was a swimmer in distress about half a mile off the beach Monday evening. Units from Orange Beach, Gulf Shores, and the Coast Guard searched until dark and recovered nothing.
ORIGINAL STORY (5/4) — Gulf Shores Fire Rescue reported a swimmer in distress call Monday evening.
Crews searched the water near the Lighthouse Condos, but did not find anything by nightfall. Fire officials also tell us they did not receive any calls reporting a missing person.
The search was suspended around 8 p.m. Monday, when it was too dark to see anything in the water.
Crews plan on ramping the search back up Tuesday morning.
- Mobile Police arrest two on dogfighting charges
- Dry start to the week, tracking Zeta
- Saints depth and young talent on offense shines in 27-24 win
- Florida troopers respond to motorcycle crash in Pensacola
- Bikers gather to honor memory of Sergeant Kevin Kight