SUMMERDALE, Ala. (WKRG) — Summerdale Police say a man was attacked by a group of people and fired a handgun in self-defense.
Detective Sgt. John Gleaton said officers with the Summerdale Police Department responded to a shots-fired call tonight at the 20,000 block of County Rd. 32. According to Gleaton, it appears a person was attacked by a group of people and discharged a handgun in self-defense. A vehicle was struck, and it appears that no one was injured in the altercation. The suspects fled the scene.
The case is under investigation, and anyone with information is encouraged to contact Summerdale Police.
- Get Prepared for the Season with the 2020 News 5 Hurricane Resource Guide
- Fire officials in Mobile on scene of possible on Esplanade Ave.
- VIDEO: Massive police presence on Airport at I-65
- Shots fired near Walmart and Lowe’s on Beltline in Mobile
- Second day of protests turn violent in Las Vegas, police arrest 103 people, 11 officers injured