SUMMERDALE, Ala. (WKRG) — Summerdale Police say a man was attacked by a group of people and fired a handgun in self-defense.
Detective Sgt. John Gleaton said officers with the Summerdale Police Department responded to a shots-fired call tonight at the 20,000 block of County Rd. 32. According to Gleaton, it appears a person was attacked by a group of people and discharged a handgun in self-defense. A vehicle was struck, and it appears that no one was injured in the altercation. The suspects fled the scene.
The case is under investigation, and anyone with information is encouraged to contact Summerdale Police.
- Georgia woman hospitalized after being beaten and set on fire, ex-boyfriend arrested and charged in attack
- Project around Kimberly Clark includes blast noises
- Coastal showers, warm afternoon ahead
- USA Move-in week begins Saturday with appointments, health screenings
- Steamy temperatures for the weekend, Rain chances slowly rising