ELBERTA, Ala. (WKRG) — The small Baldwin County town of Elberta saw a big impact from Hurricane Sally. Crews have been working nonstop to get electricity back on and clean up the mess.
On Saturday, members of the Elberta Farmers Co-Op and Southfresh Aquaculture will distribute hot meals.
The event starts at 11:00 am Saturday morning.
Co-Op Office Manager Kimberly Byrd said they hoped to feed 300 people or more.
They also hope their effort will inspire others to do the same thing around town.
- Second stimulus checks: Pelosi still hoping to strike deal before election
- Dak Prescott signed a football for a sick Texas teen, now she’s returning the ‘faith’
- Tropical Storm Zeta forecast to intensify into hurricane as it enters Gulf
- Police searching for missing Indiana children who may be in Montgomery area
- Patchy fog, partly cloudy afternoon