FAIRHOPE, Ala. (WKRG) – News broke Wednesday that Kim Kardashian is suing a Fairhope doctor over claims he wrongly used her image to promote a medical procedure called a “Vampire Facial.”
News 5’s Blake Brown spoke with Dr. Charles Runels who tells us Kardashian wrongly used his trademark name for a medical procedure to promote herself.
“I have no reason to get in a battle with someone with infinite money,” Dr. Runels says.
As of now, Dr. Runels tells us he has not received a summons to appear in court. He said he has removed photos of Kardashian from his website.
He claims the mega star used his trademark name without him asking her to do so.
“8 years later she wants to shake the money tree,” Dr. Runels says.
The cosmetic procedure involves drawing a patient’s blood, spinning it in a centrifuge and then injecting small amounts under the skin using multiple, small needles, Runels’ website says, and blood also is applied topically on the skin.
The doctor tells us he’s not alone in the lawsuit and that a hundred doctors are part of the suit. Even though he says he’s done nothing wrong, he’s hoping Kardashian drops the lawsuit before it goes any further.
- “Thank you Lord we are here, safe and sound” Man shares frightening moments escaping boat fire on Dauphin Island
- Lawmen zero in on cartels smuggling fentanyl into US, taking guns back into Mexico
- Lawmakers tour migrant camp, call wait-in-Mexico policy ‘morally unjust’
- US trade agreement with China could be good news for Alabama
- What’s Working: “Shooting 2 Change” perception of autism