FAIRHOPE, Ala. (WKRG) — The pandemic may have made it more difficult for people to connect, but it couldn’t stop two lovebirds from finding each other in Baldwin County.
Over the weekend, the Our Southern Souls Facebook page shared the story of a guy named Mike who was trying to get a woman named Susan to call him.
But it’s more complicated than it sounds.
According to the post, the two met through an online dating service, but Mike accidentally deleted her information.
Mike is a 65-year-old Marine but transformed into an amateur sleuth, trying everything he could to find her, including going around to businesses looking for anyone who knows her, the post said.
Ultimately, it was a handwritten sign on a couple of 2x4s on the corner of Highway 181 and County Road 32 in Fairhope that did the trick.
Someone who knew a Susan saw the sign and contacted her. Sure enough, she was the Susan.
After all that searching, Mike’s efforts paid off — Susan called the number on the sign and said “yes” to a date.
However, Susan could be in for some competition. The updated post on Our Southern Souls says other women have seen the sign and picked up the phone!
- Protesters leave casket full of dirt, cow manure at North Carolina police station
- Run the GO Run and help raise money for local GYN cancer research
- Behind the scenes with Baldwin County EMA as Hurricane Sally recovery efforts continue
- Kentucky governor calls for release of Breonna Taylor evidence
- Woman says cemetery owners refuse to remove tree, told her to drive over graves