The owner of a popular Elberta restaurant said he hopes to open soon roughly one week after a fire. Last week, a fire damaged a rear storage room at the Roadkill Cafe along Highway 98.
We stopped by the restaurant early Wednesday morning and the building was looking a lot better. Owner Mike Williams messaged, saying he thinks he might be able to reopen Thursday. From the outside, you can see the front door has been repaired and it appears a lot of the smoke damage has been fixed.
Fire officials say the blaze appears to have been accidentally caused by an electrical equipment failure. Owner Mike Williams said this was the third fire he had in 13 years and the 2nd most destructive.