UPDATE (09/25/20) — 97% power is restored to Riviera Utilities’ customers. About 1,200 meters is left to restore.
Full press release below:
As of Wednesday (9/25/20 @ 9A), we have restored power to 97% of our customers this morning (we served 51,000). We have roughly 1,200 meters still without power. Riviera Utilities has more than 850 people supporting the restoration efforts, including roughly 600 in the field. Crews are working in every community within our service area and will remain present until power is fully restored.
FOLEY, Ala. (WKRG) — Riviera Utilities reports that 86% of power is restored to its customers, leaving 14% to be completed.
Here’s a full release from Riviera Utilities:
As of Wednesday (9/23/20 @ 3:00P), we have restored power to roughly 86% or
44,000 meters and have 14% or 7,000 still to go. Currently, there are approximately 600 linemen and
vegetation management personnel assisting in the restoration efforts.
- California police arrest 27 in EDD scam; 130 debit cards, $150,000 in cash recovered
- Search underway for missing 16-year-old in Montgomery
- Oklahoma twins’ TikTok election video gets millions of views
- ‘We deserve to be heard’: Man on mission to make voting accessible to Americans with disabilities
- Tracking the Tropics: Hurricane Zeta crashes onshore in storm-weary Louisiana