BON SECOUR, Ala. (WKRG) – News 5 is investigating after several pit bulls have been found dead and tossed along a roadway in Baldwin County. A viewer says several pit bulls were first spotted in September along County Road 16 and Sherman Road. In each case, the dog was found dead and left in the same spot.
“There’s ropes around their necks and even the first one had a rope around its neck and they were really really tight like you could almost see the indention of the ropes in their necks,” says a resident who wants to hide her identity. She’s worried the person responsible is someone who lives nearby.
A report was filed with the Baldwin County Sheriff’s Office, but so far no one has been charged.
Two pit bulls were found dead again this week along the same road. One of the pit bulls was found with a collar and leash around its’ neck.
A resident says she believes the animals have been strangled, but BCSO investigators say they’re unsure how the dogs died.
If you have any information for investigators you’re asked to call the Baldwin County Sheriff’s Office as soon as possible.
- Santa Rosa County eligible for additional FEMA Public Assistance
- SBA opens Business Recovery Center in Alabama for businesses affected by Hurricane Sally
- New $60 million luxury apartment complex to be built near Navy Federal campus
- Big Game Bound Week 4: Titans vs. Steelers postponed
- ‘Not all wounds are visible’: Dog helps veteran cope with PTSD