Baldwin County (WKRG) — Investigators with Baldwin County Sheriff’s Office arrested Russel “Rusty” Thomas of Daphne, Alabama on the charge of Theft of Property in the Third Degree.
The arrest took place after it was reported to BCSO that Thomas was hired to build a fence in the Magnolia Springs Community, and once he received the $1,400 deposit he did not complete the job.
BSCO is continuing to investigate the business practices of Thomas. He owns and operates a fence and welding company under the names of Thomas Gates, Thomas Welding, and Southern Haulers. BCSO believes there may be others who are victims who provided payment and received no goods or services from Thomas.
Thomas is being held at the Baldwin County Sheriff’s Corrections Center on a $1,000.00 bond for his charge in Baldwin County. Thomas was also arrested on a warrant for similar charges in Jackson County, Mississippi.
- 103-year-old woman’s voting history dates back to FDR
- Former Fort Benning, Ga. soldier pleads guilty in child sexual exploitation case
- Kitten rescued after falling 30 feet into water off bridge
- PFF: Highest-graded players from Week 7 includes Drew Brees
- Texas man who groomed child into relationship, produced child pornography, sentenced to prison