ORANGE BEACH, Ala. (WKRG) — Firefighters in Orange Beach help save an osprey tangled in some discarded fish netting. According to a Facebook post by the Orange Beach Wildlife Center, firefighters responded to a call about the bird tangled and hanging upside down from a tree. The incident happened on July 20th.
Firefighters were able to free the osprey but not able to completely remove the netting. They hope the bird can make a full recovery. It’s a good reminder to clean-up when done with recreational fishing.
“Please remember to properly dispose of fishing line, hooks, and netting,” said the post.
- 2 juvenile girls in stolen truck lead troopers on chase ending near Argo
- Senate to confirm Amy Coney Barrett’s Supreme Court nomination
- NASA to announce new discovery about the moon
- FBI investigating fire set in Boston ballot dropbox
- DA could bring case in 2017 shooting by Mississippi police