ORANGE BEACH, Ala. (WKRG) — Thousands look forward to it every year but Mardi Gras will not happen in 2021 in Orange Beach.
The city of Orange Beach announced Tuesday that the Mystics and Marshals’ parade on Saturday, February 13, the parade at The Wharf, February 15, and the city’s Fat Tuesday parade on February 16 have all been canceled after talks with police, fire, and Mardi Gras Krewes determined there was no safe way to move forward due to concerns over COVID-19.
Just before Christmas, the city of Gulf Shores announced the cancellation of their Mardi Gras parade although they were trying to organize a “non-traditional” celebration of Fat Tuesday.
Both coastal communities are now looking forward to letting the good times roll in 2022.
- Mobile toddler to get third heart surgery after being born with several defects, family raising money
- Super Host? Bucs can become 1st to play Super Bowl at home
- Pensacola man charged with taking part in Capitol riot
- A Powerful Conversation with Power Ranger, Jason David Frank
- Now that he’s out of office, what’s next for Donald Trump?