FAIRHOPE, Ala. (WKRG) – The City of Fairhope unveiled a new beach mat just to the north of Fairhope Pier at the public beach this week.
An official ribbon cutting ceremony takes place at 10:15 a.m. Friday morning.
The handicap-accessible beach mat was donated by the City of Fairhope Sunset Rotary Club.
The mat extends from the pavilion towards the shoreline, giving everyone an opportunity to experience the beach.
Check out the drone video below:
- Safe Harbor Landing raises concerns as MCSO launches investigation
- GCCW Super Fan Kat Caraway’s Farewell
- Saints looking to find more ways to feed Alvin Kamara the ball
- Judge approves $800M settlement for victims of Las Vegas shooting
- Florida deputy reunited with 5-year-old girl she saved 3 years ago