FAIRHOPE, Ala. (WKRG) – The City of Fairhope unveiled a new beach mat just to the north of Fairhope Pier at the public beach this week.
An official ribbon cutting ceremony takes place at 10:15 a.m. Friday morning.
The handicap-accessible beach mat was donated by the City of Fairhope Sunset Rotary Club.
The mat extends from the pavilion towards the shoreline, giving everyone an opportunity to experience the beach.
Check out the drone video below:
- Pensacola activists honor George Floyd after Chauvin verdict
- Dog rescued from car engine adopted by firefighter
- People in Downtown Mobile react to Derek Chauvin guilty verdict
- Shooting victim found on I-65N near Moffett Road exit in Mobile
- Thomasville man arrested for attempted murder in neighboring county