ORANGE BEACH, Ala. (WKRG) — Meridian Police Lt. John Griffith was arrested for DUI in Orange Beach, according to Orange Beach Police Chief Steve Brown.
Griffith was pulled over near Canal Road and Foley Beach Express after police received multiple calls about a reckless driver. He refused to take a breathalyzer test and was booked into the Orange Beach City Jail and has since been released.
Griffith is a veteran officer with the Meridian Police Dept. and returned to work last month after being demoted from Captain to Lieutenant and serving a 10-day suspension for not supervising a K9 officer who used a racial slur in reference to a colleague.
- Pregnant woman pulls husband to safety after shark attack in Florida Keys
- Fairhope residents thank power crews with parade
- Kentucky AG to announce results today in Breonna Taylor shooting death probe
- Border Patrol agent stabbed; migrant assailant shot and killed, CBP says
- Mobile Saenger Theatre announces rescheduled 2020 Movie Series