Welcome to WKRG’s “Mark Your Calendar” for Thursday, November 8, 2018. Today, we are talking about the Power of Giving Blood Drive. John Nodar welcomes Baldwin EMC VP of Corporate Service and Public Relations Mark Ingram. The Power of Giving is a blood drive and coat/food donation that will help people in the Mobile/Baldwin county area. The coat drive is going on now through November 29th, 2018. The blood drive will occur on Thursday, November 29th, from 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM at the Baldwin EMC Training Center, located at 19600 Highway 59 Summerdale, AL 36580.
Here is what you need to know:
Baldwin EMC Blood Drive:
- Each pint of blood donated can save up to three lives.
- Donors need to be at least 17 years old, weigh no less than 110 pounds, in generally good health and have not donated blood in the past 8 weeks. Donors should also be ready to present a valid form of I.D.
- All blood types are needed and first-time donors are welcome.
- Power of Giving (fall blood drive) – since 2006 (thirteen years)
- Blood Drive for LifeSouth Community Blood Center
- Blood Donor Prize Drawing for a $100 gift card or an electric grill
Coat and Food Drive:
- Coat drive from Nov. 1 through Nov. 29.
- Coat drive for kids in need – new or gently used winter coats.
- Drop off coats at any Baldwin EMC office – Summerdale, Bay Minette or Orange Beach.
- Non-Perishable Food Drive for families in need – donated to local charities
- Community service is one of the seven cooperative principles on which Baldwin EMC is founded.
- While we focus on the needs of our members, we also use our resources for the good of the community at large.
- The drive is held in Baldwin EMC’s training center located just behind the headquarters office building on Highway 59 in Summerdale.
|WHAT:||Power of Giving Blood Drive|
|WHEN:||November 29 – Blood Drive 8am-5pm|
November 1-29 – Coat and Food Drive
|WHERE:||Baldwin EMC Training Center, 19600 Highway 59 Summerdale, AL 36580|