FAIRHOPE, Ala. (WKRG) — A manatee is being closely monitored by the Dauphin Island Sea Lab.
The Dauphin Island Sea Lab says their Marine Mammal Research Team is monitoring the manatee in the Fairhope area. They say the manatee appears to be cold-stressed, according to Veterinarian Dr. Alissa Deming.
The sea lab says if a rescue is needed, it will be done under the direction of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife.
Video Credit: Portside Advertising
- Suspect caught on camera trying to break into cars near Mullet Point
- House Democrats, White House lay out arguments before trial
- Washington County woman killed in single-vehicle crash
- Police: 14-year-old girl uses Snapchat to escape her kidnappers
- 50-yard-line mass baptism prompts complaint in Alabama town