FAIRHOPE, Ala. (WKRG) — A manatee is being closely monitored by the Dauphin Island Sea Lab.
The Dauphin Island Sea Lab says their Marine Mammal Research Team is monitoring the manatee in the Fairhope area. They say the manatee appears to be cold-stressed, according to Veterinarian Dr. Alissa Deming.
The sea lab says if a rescue is needed, it will be done under the direction of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife.
Video Credit: Portside Advertising
- Passengers head to Orlando on Mobile’s newest airline Avelo
- DeSantis: Trump’s ‘whole family moved to Florida under my governorship’
- Man pleads guilty to disturbing Yellowstone bison calf that later had to be killed by rangers
- Gov. Ivey signs House Bill to secure Alabama land, draws opposition from foreign residents
- Comer commits to contempt vote for FBI director, mulls release of confidential record