FAIRHOPE, Ala. (WKRG) — A manatee is being closely monitored by the Dauphin Island Sea Lab.
The Dauphin Island Sea Lab says their Marine Mammal Research Team is monitoring the manatee in the Fairhope area. They say the manatee appears to be cold-stressed, according to Veterinarian Dr. Alissa Deming.
The sea lab says if a rescue is needed, it will be done under the direction of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife.
Video Credit: Portside Advertising
- Fla. governor declares state of emergency after Colonial Pipeline shutdown
- Mobile Fire-Rescue confirms shooting at Linx apartments Tuesday night
- Deputies say Florida woman stuffed cellphones, drugs into her underwear in prison smuggling scheme
- Lightning strike blows out wall in Fort Walton Beach home
- OCSO reminding residents, visitors to NOT drink and boat