FAIRHOPE, Ala. (WKRG) — A manatee is being closely monitored by the Dauphin Island Sea Lab.
The Dauphin Island Sea Lab says their Marine Mammal Research Team is monitoring the manatee in the Fairhope area. They say the manatee appears to be cold-stressed, according to Veterinarian Dr. Alissa Deming.
The sea lab says if a rescue is needed, it will be done under the direction of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife.
Video Credit: Portside Advertising
- ‘An angel’: Family of woman allegedly killed by Milton boyfriend remembers her life
- US lawmakers introduce bill to encourage preventive health care
- House catches fire after lightning strike in Milton
- Feds offer $460 million in public transportation grants
- Judge dismisses lawsuit challenging Alabama face covering requirement