LOXLEY, Ala. (WKRG) – UPDATE (9:20 p.m. 5/1/20): The Baldwin County Sheriff’s Office confirmed the pipe bomb found during a traffic stop in Loxley earlier this week had “energetic powder” in it, meaning this was a pipe bomb like they originally had thought. Deputies say this will be a “prosecutable” offense.
Robert Paul Boykin was arrested by Baldwin County Sheriff’s Deputies after they found a pipe bomb in his car during a traffic stop, according to Clint Cadenhead with the BCSO.
Few details have been released, but officials tell News 5 an investigation is ongoing to determine what was inside of the pipe. They plan to have those results on Friday.
- Cristobal could enhance tides leading to some coastal flooding
- JC Penney closing 154 stores in first post-bankruptcy phase
- Pop-Up storms expected Friday afternoon, Higher weekend rain chances thanks to Cristobal
- Spring Sports Shout Out: Ty Turner
- COVID-19 question of the day: “Why isn’t wearing masks enforced?”