UPDATE: (SEPT. 22)- Due to Hurricane Sally recovery, the walk has been postponed to a later date.
BAY MINETTE, Ala. (WKRG) — September is National Suicide Prevention Month, and the Baldwin County chapter of the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention will be holding the third annual “Light in the Darkness” Suicide Awareness Walk on Thursday, September 24.
The event will begin at 7 p.m. at the Community Kids Park, on the corner of Third Street and McMillan Avenue in Bay Minette. Registration is not needed — anyone is encouraged to come out and join in the walk.
Donations for luminaries to be placed in the memory of those who have been lost to suicide will also be taken at the start of the event. All proceeds will go to suicide prevention efforts.
- Live: President Trump nominates Amy Coney Barrett to Supreme Court
- “If it sounds too good to be true”: Fake auto sales rise during pandemic
- ‘Sexy COVID’ costumes won’t be made by costume maker Yandy for Halloween 2020
- Charles Barkley on defunding the police: ‘Who are Black people supposed to call? Ghostbusters?’
- Sonic adds Halloween-inspired drinks to its menu