UPDATE: (SEPT. 22)- Due to Hurricane Sally recovery, the walk has been postponed to a later date.
BAY MINETTE, Ala. (WKRG) — September is National Suicide Prevention Month, and the Baldwin County chapter of the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention will be holding the third annual “Light in the Darkness” Suicide Awareness Walk on Thursday, September 24.
The event will begin at 7 p.m. at the Community Kids Park, on the corner of Third Street and McMillan Avenue in Bay Minette. Registration is not needed — anyone is encouraged to come out and join in the walk.
Donations for luminaries to be placed in the memory of those who have been lost to suicide will also be taken at the start of the event. All proceeds will go to suicide prevention efforts.
- Country artist Hal Ketchum dies from complications of dementia
- BIKER DAD: Riders planning to roll out free Thanksgiving meals
- Pensacola man wins $1 million prize from the 200X THE CASH Scratch-Off game
- Golden Apple winning teacher said fate led her to virtual teaching
- Florida sees lowest Thanksgiving gas prices in over a decade