UPDATE (12:30 p.m.) – The homeowner tells News 5 he was asleep in the home when firefighters knocked at the door.
“The smoke alarm was going off, but I was asleep. It was the banging on the door. Bam bam bam bam your house is on fire and I opened my eyes and the house was full of smoke,” said Harold Floyd.
Floyd tells us he has lived in the home for nearly 20 years. He says he isn’t sure what sparked the blaze. He plans to stay with relatives in the area until he can find a permanent place to live.
FAIRHOPE, Ala. (WKRG) — Firefighters are working a fire at a home on Edwards Avenue just east of Highway 98.
News 5 was on scene around 11 a.m. Wednesday as firefighters arrived at the home.
Flames and heavy could be seen rising from the house.
Firefighters from Daphne were also on scene to assist Fairhope firefighters.
Video from Facebook Live:
- Planters announces death of Mr. Peanut; Funeral to air in Super Bowl
- Mobile Metropolitan Planning heard alternative bridge and bayway plan
- Second convicted child molester dies following Corcoran State Prison attack
- A terminally ill rescue dog became a police K-9 for a day
- Mobile judge ends bond hearing early after convicted killer yawns