GULF SHORES, Ala. (WKRG) — As we know, fires don’t take breaks for the holidays, so neither do firefighters.
So John Heronime makes it his mission to keep his fellow first responders – and any community members nearby – fed.
On the menu this Christmas Eve: Sauerkraut and sausage, and Pierogi.
“I cook off and on and we all take turns but on Christmas it’s been a tradition to do something kinda unique,” he said. ” I try to cook enough for the whole day, and then if anyone wants to stop by and say hi, we also have enough food for them.”
- Floyd verdict brings cautious ‘sliver of hope’
- WATCH: Pelosi thanks George Floyd for ‘sacrificing’ his life for justice
- Honolulu resident receives 3rd COVID-19 vaccine shot as part of Pfizer study
- Ohio police fatally shoot Black teen swinging knife
- DOJ to open Minneapolis police probe, says AP source