GULF SHORES, Ala. (WKRG) — Big fun and huge crowds enjoyed the 42nd annual Mardi Gras parade in Gulf Shores.
Thousands of revelers lined Highway 59 to catch everything from Moon Pies and beads galore.
“I just love the celebration of Mardi Gras,” said one lady who comes every year to the Gulf Shores parade. “Being out here with all these people and of course catching the beads.”
More than three dozen floats, bands and other entrants rolled down 59 all the way to the beach road.
This year’s Grand Marshall was Joey Ward.
- Get Prepared for the Season with the 2020 News 5 Hurricane Resource Guide
- Fire officials in Mobile on scene of possible on Esplanade Ave.
- VIDEO: Massive police presence on Airport at I-65
- Shots fired near Walmart and Lowe’s on Beltline in Mobile
- Second day of protests turn violent in Las Vegas, police arrest 103 people, 11 officers injured