(WKRG) — A man from Fairhope was killed Friday when the air ambulance he was riding in crashed in Alaska.
KTVA reports Medevac Alaska says Maddox Burts of Fairhope was killed along with fellow crew member Robert Cartner. According to a Security Aviation representative, KTVA reports, Glen Morthorpe was the pilot of the plane.
All three were on board a Medevac Alaska plane that crashed near Cooper Landing, south of Anchorage, Alaska.
The bodies were recovered Sunday and taken to the state medical examiner in Anchorage.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
- More than 6 million middle, high school students using tobacco
- Ole Miss considers moving confederate monument
- ECSO: School shooting threat circulating on social media
- Lost wedding ring makes its way across the country back to Alabama
- WATCH: Family says their brand new TV was damaged by careless FedEx delivery driver