DAPHNE, Ala. (WKRG) — Four people were arrested for elder abuse of an 82-year-old woman, police say.
The woman was taken to the hospital on August 1, reportedly suffering from a fall at her Daphne home, according to Daphne Police. The hospital contacted police, which led to the arrests of 63-year-old Audrey Kathryn Estes, 65-year-old Michael Earl Estes, 33-year-old Breanna Katherine Lucy, and 33-year-old Zachary Phillip Lucy.
The woman lived in the home with the four suspects, they are all related to her. Police say the woman had a number of bruises, open wounds, and broken bones. Police say she was also extremely malnourished and dehydrated, weighing only 84 pounds when she was admitted to the hospital.
The four suspects were arrested on August 14 and are being held in the Baldwin County Jail on charges of Elder Abuse.
- Curfew lifted for unincorporated areas of Baldwin County
- Happiness class — free online — is most popular at Yale, especially during pandemic
- “Thriller Nights of Light” to kickoff Friday in Mobile at Hank Aaron Stadium
- ESPN: NFL doctor accidentally punctured QB’s lung
- Road to Recovery: Staff works to clean up mess Hurricane Sally left on Orange Beach