FOLEY, Ala. (WKRG) — 66-year-old John Robertson of Gulf Shores is charged with indecent exposure after allegations he was pleasuring himself while driving a young mother to an appointment in November.
Robertson appeared for his arraignment in Foley Municipal Court this afternoon. Instead, the judge granted a continuance in the case scheduling his next court appearance for February 11.
Leaving Foley Municipal Court, 66-year-old John Robertson was determined, never making eye contact and not answering any questions.
Last November, Rachel Piazza hired “Lyft” to take her to a doctor’s appointment. Robertson picked her up and during the ride, she says Robertson was fully exposed and she recorded what she says was his hand moving in an “indecent way”. “I ended up taking the video mostly because I felt like if I didn’t take it, it’s so outrageous who would believe it.”
“Is there an explanation for the hand movement?” Robertson continued to his car never saying a word but Piazza was also at the courthouse Tuesday afternoon. “Just to hold him accountable for his actions against me and my son. He shouldn’t have a right to do that and get away with it.”
Robertson remains free on bond. He is no longer a driver for the ride-sharing company.
- FHP: Motorcyclist dead after impaired 24-year-old pulls out in front of him
- ONLY ON NEWS 5: Hear from the family of teen killed on Thanksgiving
- Cold Case Mystery: Mobile mother missing for 20 years
- Georgia family uses Christmas lights as a way to give back
- Police: Texas biker was doing wheelies before deadly crash