FOLEY, Ala. (WKRG) — A teacher at Foley High School is charged with possessing obscene matter after investigators found evidence on his electronic devices.
On Aug. 19, investigators with the Baldwin County Sheriff’s Office and Homeland Security Investigations executed a search warrant in the 20000 block of Oak Road East in Gulf Shores. Electronic devices were located that contained obscene matter.
Chris Bridges, 46, was arrested for three counts of possession of obscene matter. Bridges is currently in the Baldwin County Sheriff’s Corrections Center on no bond.
The Gulf Shores Police Department, Homeland Security Investigations and the Gulf Coast Technology Center in Mobile assisted in the investigation.
Eddie Tyler, Superintendent of the Baldwin County School System, released the following statement:
“We have been made aware of the arrest. Mr. Bridges has been placed on administrative leave. We are in contact with the Baldwin County Sheriff’s Office and cannot speak further on the employee matter at this time.”Eddie Tyler,
According to his biography on Foley High School’s website, Bridges has been teaching U.S. History and dual enrollment at the school for 20 years.
- Entering Milder Stretch of Weather
- Virtual forums scheduled in Pensacola to give input on next police chief
- Week-long discussions begin on Dauphin Island about future of Aloe Bay
- Socially distanced Mardi Gras boat parade set for next month on Fish River
- Four people injured after multiple shootings in Monroe County