FOLEY, Ala. (WKRG) — People in Foley are finding a creative way to thank the many utility workers who’ve come to Baldwin County to get electricity back. According to a post on the “What’s Happening in Foley” group, people are organizing an “Electric Slide” flash mob at 2 Sunday afternoon at Heritage Park to say thanks.
Amy Kupilik writes that participants should wear something bright and colorful. She says it’s a chance to show the love people in the community have for the people who’ve worked very hard for the last several days to get the lights back on.
- Petition started to erect a Hank Aaron statue in downtown Mobile in the former Admiral Semmes statue location
- OBHS principal on paid administrative leave
- Lifelong friends remember Hank Aaron in Toulminville
- $1 billion Mega Millions prize a result of long odds, slow sales
- Senior Bowl to honor Hank Aaron with helmet sticker