DAPHNE, Ala. (WKRG) — Five Guys in Daphne has fired and suspended multiple employees after they refused to serve Daphne Police officers in the store.
Five Guys sent the following statement Friday.
Five Guys and the Daphne, AL franchise want to thank the Daphne Police Department for their support in working together toward a resolution. The actions the Daphne, AL franchise have taken include termination and suspension of the employees involved. The store has temporarily closed for further education and customer service training with a representative from the Daphne Police Department and will reopen at 4PM today, July 10th. As we uphold our commitment to fair, respectful, and equal treatment for all customers, please know that the actions and sentiments of a few employees in Daphne, AL do not represent Five Guys or the local franchisee.
Daphne Police also spoke about the incident to News 5. They released the following statement Friday;
Five Guys did an excellent job with their response and investigation. Members of our department met with employees at the restaurant this morning and things went very well.Daphne Police Department
- FDA advisers back Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine for young kids
- Clouds roll in tonight with a severe weather risk Wednesday night
- FHP looking for help identifying hit-and-run driver
- Border cities prepare for traffic tie-ups after Nov. 8 rollback of land travel restrictions
- Brian Laundrie remains: No DNA analysis performed yet, medical examiner says