FAIRHOPE, Ala. (WKRG) — Fairhope police are trying to clear up a misunderstanding with operators of the Ring Neighboorhood app.
Friday, app users were notified of an alleged mass shooting in Fairhope. The alert says a shooting happened and four people were shot: two killed and two in critical condition. Officers say the alert was a mistake and nothing like that ever happened. They’re trying to get the makers of the app to remove the notification.
- Jay couple charged in child sex abuse and pornography case
- ‘Tiger King’ legal team expects Trump pardon; planning ‘hair, makeup, wardrobe’ and limo for his release
- 3 family members who share birthday are celebrating apart this year during pandemic
- Suspect in 2016 double homicide in Mobile County pleads guilty
- McConnell said Trump ‘fed lies’ to mob about Biden election